I’ll deny it if you tell anyone, but I’m already experiencing writer’s block… exactly three posts in. So this is an easy filler, about me sort of thing.
For those of you who don’t know me personally/well/at all/wondering how you got here, here are a few (including an update–whoops) things about me (you’re welcome)
- I’m Catholic. Like, orthodox Catholic. Not quite Latin mass, but most def mass every single Sunday, some days during the week, teach bible studies, ask Mary and saints to pray for me, seeking to do mission work for the Church… etc. I’ll probably do a another post on these things later. For now, that’s enough.
- I’m the oldest of four. So. I’m bossy, an initiator, a leader, and also very nurturing, compassionate, and an advocate for justice. My siblings are great. My parents are great.
- I’m still figuring out my temperament… I know that I am mostly melancholic, but I’m also everything else. Yippee.
- I work for evil Starbucks.
- I am recently single. That’s a long story, worth telling, but not yet. We don’t know each other that well yet.
- I’ve been working through depression for years. (I guess we know each other well enough for that? ha) It’s at a manageable point right now, but it’s been really bad in the past.
- I love to sing. I used to be really good. Now I’m alright, but I still love it.
- People ask me what I do for fun. I don’t have an answer. I don’t really have fun? I read books and blogs and watch Netflix. So exciting. I feel your jealousy from here.
- My confirmation sponsor (from way back in the day) is the best and we co-lead a bible study. We have seven girls and they are currently sophomores in high school. I love them. All eight of those women. They’re the best.
- I hate college. I guess I’m a junior? But who knows when I’ll graduate. I certainly do not. My life in college is a joke.
- I recently relocated from my beautiful homestate Colorado to the less-beautiful-but-okay-I-guess Texas. That will be it’s own post at some point.
- I’m saving the best for last… I have the best friends. No, I’m serious. I think everyone thinks that, but I know that I’m right and you’re all wrong, unless you are my friend, and then you are right. I have friends who love me even though I’m weird and sometimes horrible. I have friends that understand me and support my decisions. My friends are my community and my sisters in Christ and it is the best.
If you haven’t seen this video… Have you been living under a rock? But I say “great” and “the best” a lot. So I’m basically her. This is also where today’s blog post title comes from. You’re welcome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg (I’m not cool enough to turn a word into a link unless wordpress prompts me… can someone teach me that??)
Anyway. There’s some insider info. Consider yourself privileged. I promise… next post will be real. And awesome. Guaranteed.