Why, hello there.
It’s been a while, I know, and I’m sure that none of you noticed my absence but I am here to announce my presence (so many much words)!
Hooow have you all been?! I missed you. I’ve been absolutely slammed up against every wall imaginable in my life. So. Many. Things.
So let’s play Thursday-Catch-Up-and-Mustard (get it? I know you missed my humor)
Since October (eek…)
- Holidays! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Valentine’s day… It all happened, and I was there. And I celebrated them all.
- I started another blog with my best friend Hillary! It’s a craft/fashion/lifestyle-y blog so check it. I know you want to.
- I started school- I know, you’re shocked. I can tell. But it’s true. I’m studying interior design at the Art Institute of Dallas! Set to graduate Fall 2016, so pray for me that it actually happens that way.
- I, uh, started dating. For privacy’s sake, I’ll keep his name off el blog. But he’s a super great guy. We met at my TXBFF’s birthday party, they’ve been friends forever. And I wasn’t sure if I was ready to date, but I knew I liked him. He wore me down eventually, mostly by just constantly pursuing me and my heart even after I gave him so many chances to leave before things got messy. And he’s still around, and- fingers crossed- will be for a while!
- I’m in the midst of getting everything ready for Hillary’s wedding! The bridal shower is just over a month away, then there’s a second bridal shower in April, and then the whole shindig goes down in May! Bachelorette party, lingerie shower, rehearsal dinner, wedding… All in just three months’ time. I can’t believe that it’s so close!
Just a few other housekeeping things…
School is kicking me so. hard. so if it crosses your mind, pretty puh-lease say a little prayer for me. Think of it as a Lenten sacrifice or something. It’ll make you holy.
Additionally… this weekend is the confirmation retreat for St. Ann’s in Dallas! I’m on the ROC (Rite of Confirmation) core team, so I’ll be attending the retreat from Saturday morning to Sunday (because work and nonsense) but they’ll be on retreat starting Friday afternoon. The youth minister informed us that there are looots of teens with some pretty heavy stuff going on (I have one who is six months pregnant, at 15) so if you could just lift up the retreat and these kids this weekend, we would so appreciate it.
Y’all are the very best. Thanks for sticking with me, despite my severe absence from da blog. I’m not going to promise to do better, because we all know I won’t, but know that I’m thinking of you.